At HMS, we work to provide a high-quality, rigorous academic program that also addresses the needs of the whole child.
- HMS offers Advanced ELA and Math Courses in 6th grade.
- In 7th grade, students can take Advanced ELA or Accelerated Math.
- All students in 5th grade take a basic music class.
- All students participate in an individualized learning pathway through i-Ready.
- 6th and 7th grade students can also participate in band or choir.
- Mathletes are encouraged to participate in on our Math Team which competes at different tournaments in the winter and spring.
- All students attending HMS in the fall will complete summer reading activities. Summer reading is an important part of making sure students do not lose literacy skills over the summer, keeps students engaged in learning, and provides a common text for students to use throughout the next school year. Click HERE to read more about the research and benefits of summer reading!